Social Media Coordinator
The Social Media Coordinator is a full-time position responsible for developing and implementing the social media strategy for Destination El Paso, with direction from the Director of Marketing & Communications. This role focuses on increasing the online presence and improving marketing and sales efforts for Destination El Paso’s three branded divisions: Visit El Paso, El Paso Live, and El Paso Water Parks.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop, implement, and manage a results-driven social media strategy
· Manage the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content
· Work with marketing director, managers, copywriter and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing
· Attend events and produce live social media content
· Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels
· Collaborate with marketing team to create a social media calendar
· Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments
· Measure the success of every social media campaign and create reports on key metrics
· Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Tourism and Meetings & Conventions Development teams
· Use social media marketing tools such as Sprout Social
· Monitor social media channels for industry trends
· Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
· Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· 3-5 years of experience as a Social Media Coordinator or similar role
· Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools (Sprout Social)
· Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML
· Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills
· Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
· Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
· Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
· Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
· Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
· Experience with audience persona research
· Good understanding of social media KPIs
· Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
· BA in Marketing or similar relevant field
· Position requires sitting and standing for long periods of time
· Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for over 60 minutes at a time
· Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This description portrays in general terms the type of levels of work performed and it not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any incumbent. The knowledge of skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job-training.
This position offers a competitive salary. Please provide a cover letter and a copy of your most recent resume.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 915-534-0628. ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.