ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair and maintain drywall, fixtures, electrical switches, and furniture and plumbing items including toilets, sinks, water fountains, drainage pipes and sprinkler systems.
- Inspect all fire extinguishers and alarms.
- Replace and install all doors, locks and windows.
- Order and/or pick-up adequate spare parts and supplies.
- Record all work performed. Maintain log of all maintenance and repair activities.
- Assist other Operation Department divisions to expedite set-up and teardown events whenever possible.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, or other light power driven equipment.
- Respond to visual and audible alarms from building automation and life safety systems.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Inspects systems throughout facility to detect malfunctions or breakdowns. Investigates malfunctions or breakdowns of systems to diagnose causes and locate the source of the problem.
- Implements corrective actions and solutions.
- Anticipates potential malfunctions or breakdowns and takes appropriate action to prevent or minimize curtailment of services.
- Operates auxiliary supply systems when a breakdown occurs.
- Coordinates shutdown and start-ups of utilities when conditions require it.
- Follows procedures for use of Work Orders and SMG Online Maintenance Program (Bigfoot).
- Adheres to OSHA, NFPA and other applicable safety codes.
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical requirements include the ability to communicate verbally, walk, climb, kneel, and move around facility, heavy lifting, and carrying, stooping, crawling and equipment operation.
- Position requires heavy lifting, climbing, carrying, stooping, crawling and equipment operation.
- This position requires work both indoors and out and is subject to adverse conditions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Possess necessary knowledge and skills in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proper use of all tools, equipment, methods, practices and materials of trades involved in facility operations.
- Understand and work from general instructions and specifications and follow blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Follow all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, and risk management and emergency procedures.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management, exhibitors, patrons, clients, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Ability to work irregular / extended hours, including night and weekend duties is required
- Basic computer skills including familiarization with Microsoft Office, MetaSys, and internet usage
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or G.E.D. and one (1) year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOTE:The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.