Aquatics & Park Services Lead of El Paso Water Parks
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for Aquatics & park Services Lead. The El Paso Water Park Aquatics & Park Services Lead is responsible for providing a safe recreational environment by ensuring guests follow water park policies and responds to any emergencies in a timely manner. Each water park location features a unique theme with water slides, climbing walls, lazy rivers, kiddie playgrounds and leisure pools.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Enforce all rules and regulations.
- Ensures lifeguard rotations and breaks are done efficiently and in accordance with Ellis & Associates, State, and Local regulations.
- Provide needed supervision to prevent accidents.
- Assist with the Aquatic & Park Service supervisors to ensure smooth operation of the facilities.
- Responsible for the management of the lifeguards in their assigned area, enforcing established rules, complying with regulations, and maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Perform supervisory tasks of a team, including resolving conflict, coaching, and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Responsible for monthly auditing quota-observing lifeguards 10/20s, live action drills, and operational manikin drops.
- Will serve as the Management Responder for any first aid or medical needs. Responsible for ensuring proper care, directing guests(s) to off-site medical care, or activating the Emergency Action Plan as needed. Will complete all first aid reports with clear factual statements.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of issued equipment.
- Participate in service training programs for safety, customer service at all water park facilities.
- Keep the water park areas clear of dangerous objects and substances.
- Will serve as the first management integration for all aquatics related guest concerns. Must be able to think critically and empathetically to reach conclusions.
- Serve in a public information/relations capacity.
- Act as a first responder and jump in the water to keep guests safe.
- Immediately report needed repairs to the site supervisor and or manager.
- Present a favorable, professional public image.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Aquatic & Park Service supervisor and or manager. Duties may include, but are not limited to, general housekeeping, general maintenance, inspection of equipment and aquatic features within the park.
- Assist in opening, closing, and operating of the facility as directed by management.
- Complete all required company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining pools by brushing, skimming, vacuuming, scrubbing, etc. as required.
- Adheres to company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that guests receive outstanding customer service by providing a friendly, fun, safe environment.
- Maintains high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
- Attend staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all other departments.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Recognize and respond effectively to all emergency situations.
- Maintains current certifications and stays up-to-date professionally in the aquatics and management field.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assists in training and managing Park Services Team including COVID polices, proper chemical training, and cleanliness training.
- Complete daily tasks associated with maintaining cleanliness of the park including sweeping, bussing, cleaning, and stocking restrooms, emptying trash cans, etc.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must be 16 years or older.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written directions.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Must be able to swim, perform water activities and rescues.
- Must be able to swim 50 yards (front crawl or breaststroke), swim under water for 10 feet, and retrieve a 10-pound brick from bottom of a pool (shallow water).
- Must be able to swim 200 yards (front crawl or breaststroke), tread water for 2 minutes with hands out of the water and retrieve a 10-pound brick from the deepest part of the pool (deep water).
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, vendors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Current Ellis & Associates (or equivalent) lifeguard certification preferred or able to attain certification upon hire.
- Recognizes an emergency and takes appropriate action.
- Demonstrate leadership experience with team-oriented approach.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Working towards a High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Preferred two years of experience in aquatics operation: lifeguarding, lifeguard training, swim instruction.
- Minimum age -16 years old.
- Ability to Swim.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Microsoft Office, and other standard office equipment preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work in a stationery position and move about the facilities for prolonged periods of time. Ability to bend routinely and repetitively to lift 20lbs or less and occasionally bend to lift more than 20lbs.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.